This week was a little different for us. Cricket's birthday was this week, and so we were having fun. I picked some "birthday books" and let her just randomly pick the rest and this is what we got:
- A Dazzling Day (Disney's Tangled) - Cricket got this book from a friend for her birthday, and we have already read it multiple times. She likes it because it's about Rapunzel. I like that like many of the disney books it focuses on the bright, happy part of the story and skips some of the mean, scary parts.
- Go Dog, Go! by P. D. Eastman - We recently received this book from a friend, and I am so thankful. It was one of those books that just clicked with Cricket. She was engaged, interested, and grasping words and concepts. She also liked it enough to ask for repeat reads!
- Thank You God For Mommy! by Amy Parker - See review here.
- Tinker Bell's True Talent (Tag Reader Book by LeapFrog) - I am making an effort to read Cricket's Tag books to her. She loves interacting with the books, playing the games, and listening to the stories. I want to maintain the actual book element of these books though, so that maybe her immense love for them will transfer to other books. This book was pieces of the Tinker Bell movie, and Cricket really enjoyed it.
- Peter Pan and Wendy - Cricket was thrilled to see pirates in the book. Once I got her past that and focused on that book, she seemed to really enjoy it. She especially like the girl, Wendy, and seemed to like Tinkerbell.
Tangled Kingdom of Color - Like most easy readers story is sacrificed for word content. Cricket LOVES it though, and is therefore quickly picking up the words.
These were our bed time books:
That makes 92 books total so far for 2011.